What can Arlington do for you?
When it comes to extruders, Arlington Machinery offers services that go above and beyond the traditional used machinery dealer. The below services are al cart and can be quoted accordingly for each specific machine in stock. These services are designed to help you the customer to get your used machine running faster and looking good too.
It all starts with the gearbox. A gear box will be drained. Gears, Bearings and Seals will be visually inspected. Oil analysis and heat and vibration testing can also be available.
- Gear box cooling system with be inspected for functionality. If required motors, pump heat exchangers, and cooling lines will be tested.
- Feed Section - The Extruder feed throat can be visually inspected for signs of wear. Feed throat cooling line will be flow tested.
Screw and Barrel:
We offer screw and barrel measuring. In many cases we can pull the screw clean the barrel and measurement will be provided.
- Arlington machinery can handle 1”-6” Extruder sizes. We will generate a condition report.
- Barrel Heaters - Barrel Heaters will be electrically tested for functionality.
- Water cooled extruders
- Test heater bands for cooling flow
- Test solenoids for functionality.
- Test machine plumbing for flow and leaks
- Electrically test re circulation pump. Check for pump leaks.
- Pressure test heat exchanger
- Air cooled extruders
- Test cooling fans
Motor and Drive:
- Test and Meg Main Drive Motor
- Insulation Test for Motors
- Test and Run AC/DC Drives without load
- Test Motor Cooling if applicable
- Match-mark wires as needed for easier installation
Temperature Control Panel:
- Test temperature controllers
- Electrically Test relays, contactors, fuses, etc.
- Match mark wiring for easy connection
Painting and Finishing: Clean/prep and paint with industrial coatings