As the negative environmental impact of discarded plastic becomes more and more apparent, businesses around the world are doing their part to recycle, reuse, and repurpose plastic. If you’re planning to move your business into plastics recycling—whether to save money, cut production waste, or simply go green—having the right equipment is essential. At Arlington Plastics Machinery, we’ve bought, repurposed, and sold plastics machinery since 1987, and we’re sure to have the right plastics recycling system for your company’s unique situation.
Plastic Shredders, Granulators, and Other Size Reduction Equipment
Because plastics are non-biodegradable, one of the only options for reducing plastic waste in the environment is to repurpose polymers for other uses. Depending on the type of plastic, its physical form, and its intended end use, we at Arlington Plastics Machinery can help you select the most useful and cost-effective plastics recycling system. Just a few of the styles available in stock in our large inventory include:
- Plastic Shredders: Plastic shredders are most helpful for size reduction of larger plastic pieces. We offer shredders with a variety of blade thicknesses, hook sizes, and motor speeds.
- Plastic Granulators: Granulators are recommended for lighter materials or those that have already been size-reduced once. The fine chips produced by a plastic granulator can be easily recycled or used as a mix-in component for a new product.
- Plastic Pelletizers: We have strand, die face (melt), and drop pelletizing systems to recycle plastic components into pellets of nearly any size.
Size Reduction Equipment OptionsTo best meet your specific production application, we offer a number of purchasing options for each of our plastics recycling pieces:
- You can buy used size reduction equipment as is.
- You can opt for fully refurbished plastics machinery in running condition.
- You can request customized repairs and modifications to your existing plastics machinery, all done in our in-house machine shop.
Looking to sell your pelletizing machine or plastic granulator? We’d love to take a look and make an offer! Whether you’re looking to purchase, refinish, or sell size reduction equipment, we invite you to contact Arlington Plastics Machinery today. Search through our online inventory and add an item to request your free quote, or call one of our plastics experts for free, no-obligation advice on your full plastics recycling needs.