Commercial Plastic Shredders for Industrial Use
Industrial plastic shredders are used to reduce larger plastic parts into smaller particles. These size reduction systems can be used to recycle plastic waste so that it is reusable by breaking plastic down into uniform, standardized particles.
- The single shaft shredder design is a more appropriate choice when a consistent particle size is needed.
- Industrial shredders can be paired with a used granulator for a shredding/grinding line.
- A single shaft shredder feed stream also needs to be clean of large metals. When metal is present a dual or multi shaft shredder may be a better option.
The used shredders that Arlington Machinery sells can be used in many industries including the plastics, packaging, chemical and automotive industries.
Considerations for Used Single Shaft Shredder Purchasing
Below are some things to look out for when buying a used single shaft shredder:
- Used Shredder Checklist
- Cutter Count/Cutter Condition
- Rotor Size/Rotor Condition
- Style of Rotor, Example Film and Fiber, For Chunks and Parts
- Hp and Drive Style
- Ram Stroke Length
- Screen Size In machine
The rotor is the heart of the shredder and knowing its condition should be your first consideration when buying a machine. Talk to your sales rep at Arlington to find out more about our used inventory of shredders and what to look for when buying one.
- Top Photo: 15” Diameter Film and Fiber Vecoplan Rotor, Used Rotor in good condition. All cutters intact.
- Bottom Photo: 15” Diameter Standard Vecoplan Rotor, Used worn condition. Cutters are damaged and cutter holders missing.